Alright, today is my last day in Harlosa, so here for the future ARNA residents is my list of “Ten Things I Will Miss at/in ARNA/Harlosa/Scania” (aside from painting and the openminded, upbeat, fun, interesting, generous, and awesome people I met in Harlosa) in no particular order…
1) Motorcycle rides on Lars’ Nimbus
2) Going hunting with Thomas
3) Eating fermented fish
4) Learning about Chinese painting from Lars Berglund
5) Flower picking (including poppies)
6) Exhibiting my artwork in badass spaces
7) Ales Stenar
8) Crazy Swedes (and myself) dancing, cooking, and making floral wreaths at Midsummer
9) KEBAB (actually…sort of…healthy compared to the fast food we have in the US)
10) Kerstin Jackobsson, who is a wise mentor, a Wonder Woman, and the hard working person who made my amazing time at ARNA possible. Thank you! You are inspiring.
Also, thank you to all of my readers. Best of luck to the future ARNA Residents…kick some ass! And remember that experiencing Harlosa and Sweden at large is just as important, as the artwork you produce. Of course everything you do will affect the artwork.
This concludes my ARNA Sweden blog, but you can follow my upcoming adventures in Copenhagen, Bergen, Berlin, and finally a residency in Iceland at http://gabotravels.tumblr.com/
I may update this blog from time to time with recently obtained images.
You can also see my future artwork and upcoming exhibits at my blog http://gabriellevitollo.tumblr.com/ and my website http://gabriellevitollo.com/